Tammy of Wee Treats by Tammy picked this week’s TWD fabulous looking recipe. Why only fabulous looking to me you ask? Well, this post is going to be very short (and probably sound rather grumpy) for the time being. For a short version of why, here is a quick run down of my day:
– Up all night with teething baby
– Errands all day long with grumpy baby and grumpy five year old
– Locked keys in trunk of car at Costco, had to call locksmith, then neighbor to save me (neighbor saved me, locksmith no-showed)
– Finished errands after stupidity delay was over
– Still grumpy baby and still grumpy five year old demand attention while attempting to make the caramel – so more stupidity prevailed and I walked away from the pot – knowing fully that I was hosing myself
– Yup. Hosed myself. Burnt caramel – and not in a good way. Very burnt. All you can taste is burnt.
– Resulted in yummy tasting brownie cake, with very burnt caramel on top (because I had to at least finish what I started to make sure it wasn’t salvagable) = waste of ingredients that just irks me.
– Oh, and just in case that day didn’t sound crappy enough some idiot kid just pranked my cell phone to tell me it was ghostbusters calling, which, since my phone wasn’t listed anywhere before Aidan’s school phone book, means we have moronic children now calling and pranking parents on the phone list. Great.
– And, I’m not done yet – we tried to install new antivirus on the computer, which of course, has resulted in the computer basically breaking down and having NO internet connection, even though everything says it is connected just fine. Great. Two and a half hours later and “support” finally gets to me, then disconnects after no help at all.
So, sorry my loves, but at this point, I have only these pictures of a cute, inedible brownie cake and a bad attitude to offer. Top that off with life being crazy for the past week and me basically disappearing from commenting on anyone’s blogs (so sorry for that and I REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate you coming here because it is the one bright spot in all this mess!!!!!) and what we have here is one crapper of a day.
So, if any of this gets working for me any time soon, then I will attempt to adjust my attitude and get things back on track for next week. Hugs to you all! Hope you had much better luck than me!