1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
My fellow Utahn, the talented Deborah of Taste and Tell has passed this meme in my direction and I am happy to do it and introduce myself a bit better. For this one the idea is to share five facts about yourself. Since I have to live with me 24/7 this shouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish, right? (Hmpff – I can make anything difficult! I know I can, just you wait and see.)
1. I have been married for nine years and have two little boys. Aidan, a wild and crazy 4-year old who I am pretty sure wants to be a rock star or superhero. Probably both. And, Cole, our youngest is only 4 months old and is as sweet as can be.
2. I met my husband skydiving. He was my instructor and I tipped him a $20 bill with my phone number on it. He called several times that day and we still don’t know when we started planning the wedding, because the first time I saw him I knew I was going to marry him.
3. I work from home (marketing) but have always been more interested in food – reading cookbooks and obsessing over recipes. I dream of starting a small cafe, or maybe a big restaurant, or maybe catering (in other words… anything food!).
4. I made my very first wedding cake last year for some good friends. The timing however ended up being two short weeks before Cole was born 7 weeks premature and would spend the next 28 days in the NICU.
5. We are under “house arrest” by Cole’s doctor’s orders and that is why I have started blogging. This is the most adult interaction I get these days. Aidan had to leave preschool for the winter and Cole cannot go anywhere except check-ups until May when RSV season (incidentally, this year is particularly NASTY with it) is over.
Hmmm…that was somewhat fun and somewhat perhaps dismal. I’m not really sure if that was five facts or more, but, it is what it is. Not to give you the wrong impression, but I thoroughly enjoy being home with my boys. Being their mother is by far the best thing I’ve ever done. The difficulty just comes from the balancing act needed for a preemie who needs a cozy, secure environment and an active preschooler who is suddenly home all the time and can’t see his friends. If there were any way to compromise, we would, but since that literally means gambling with Cole’s life it just isn’t an option.
So, here we are. At home and baking up a storm to share with the rest of the world via blogging. So, if you ever think that what you do when you are blogging may not be important, please know that it is important to me. That may not mean a lot, but for someone who’s outings for the past three months (not including the month of nothing but being at the hospital being told when I can touch my baby and how to do it) is the occasional trip to the grocery store for speed shopping, this community is all I’ve got right now and so very appreciated.
OK, so I really didn’t mean to go there and get all mushy and stuff, but it just happened and I’m sticking with it. Thanks for hanging in there to the end if you’ve made it this far. (At this point Aidan would say to me, “Hmmm – bet you didn’t see that one blowing up in your face.” His favorite line he likes to throw at me whenever he can (from Meet the Robinsons).)
I decided to follow in Deborah’s excellent lead and tag five more of the new February Daring Baker’s with this meme. I too think it would be a good way to get to know more of you. So, I am tagging:
Now, back to my little world and on with the show!